People Stack



photo credit*
The people over at Tweetspeak Poetry led by the fearless LL Barkat recently engaged in a 'Poem Stack' exercise based on single words from geology, nature and so on.
I wanted to try my hand at it; here's what I wrote at church this morning.  It's a people stack. 
~~~~~~~~~
Yoga pants, striped, 
atop 2 inch heels
Bermuda shorts newcomer
French beret grandma
Hoodie wearing PE teacher
Teen, arms raised in praise 
Jamaican with a tambourine
Pastor in tennis shoes
Star Wars t-shirt piano player
Tattoos at the altar
Beard on guitar
Children in tow
on our way 
to Communion,
all stacked
on top
of the
Rock.
~~~~~~~~~~~
*Interface by Phillip Levine. This bronze sculpture was acquired in 1982. It is located in Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park, Renton WA 

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Jody!! And I'm glad you've added an email subscribe button, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. I appreciate you reading. I love it when the Holy Spirit just drops things in like that :-)

      Delete