Mirror Me

Words like water poured out
reflect my wide world,
contained in pieces, paragraphs
of pain and power and the past,
puzzles to put into place.
I long to be known
heard, seen, reflected 
in the pool you hold in your heart
showing me the "me" that I am.

Instead of a mirror,
you hand me a map
telling me where to GO
or a manual
telling me what to DO.
I just want the sounds
held up to me in my hearing, 
nearing my soul,
the whole of me.
When you repeat my words instead,
my heart in my ears,
I know the listening is done
and the love is there 
that says I'm heard.
I want to be known.

2 comments:

  1. "Instead of a mirror, you hand me a map ... or a manual..."
    "I just want the sounds held up to me in my hearing."

    Don't we all just want to be seen and heard... to know we matter?

    I like this a lot, Jody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the point....it's a job of work both ways with all the significant others :-)
      Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete