Missing Peace

Sometimes I don't know which direction I'm going
until I get in the car and
drive.......

Sometimes I don't know what's on my heart
until I start to write.

sometimes I don't know what's on my mind
until I open my mouth and speak
and my Father gives the words.

Sometimes I don't know what I'm missing
until the piece presents itself
and I realize, 'wow, there it is!'

Then I am at peace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Philippians4:6,7
Amplified
"6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything,
but in every circumstance and in everything,
by prayer and petition (definite requests),
with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
7 And God’s peace [shall be yours,
that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ,
and so fearing nothing from God and
being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is,
that peace] which transcends all understanding
shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
 
Linking with Miss Emily for Imperfect Prose Thursdays
and Jennifer for God Bumps

8 comments:

  1. Maybe I should start reading the Amplified Bible. I love this: the idea that peace will garrison and mount guard over my heart--protecting it from the assault of the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy--I've been reading the Amplified Bible often as I march through Philippians. It makes me stop at almost every verse......the words are so full of meaning.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you, sir, for your comments. Perfect I guess, because God's word is so. I'm so very glad we have it.

      Delete
  4. oh jody. i don't know that there isn't a more important lesson in the christian life than this. thank you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em--I've been chewing on this verse for a week and will continue to, especially this line, "and so fearing nothing from God and
      being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is."

      Thanks for stopping by..

      bless you.

      Delete
  5. I totally know that feeling, of not knowing where I'm going until I get started. That's probably what makes a single-first step the very hardest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, there's something for me about the movement. I'm a very kinesthetic learner--sometimes I need to be moving in order to process stuff. (This helps me understand some of the kids in our classroom!)
      And yes, that first step feeling....sometimes God just says, "Go" and then He tells us where. (seems like that's the prayer I had for you way back when in the BYB (before your book) days. Smile.
      Thanks for the encouragement back!

      Delete